Statement of Work:
The Valley Regional Enterprise Network (Valley REN) serves the eastern part of the Annapolis Valley – West Hants region of Nova Scotia by guiding and navigating regional economic development and supporting business growth and retention. Red Dragon Marketing (RDM) was asked to build a new user-friendly and responsive website design that would showcase the Annapolis Valley as a great place to work and to grow a business.
The primary goal of this website design and development was to provide the Valley REN’s target market – businesses, entrepreneurs, workers and people interested in living in the Annapolis Valley – with easily accessible information highlighting the economy, quality of life, and communities in the Annapolis Valley.
The Valley REN site was built for ease of navigation and the ability to provide the multiple target audiences that they serve with quick access to relevant information.
The new website design site has several custom features:
- Content Editing – the Valley REN website has one of the most robust content editing systems available. The visual composer allows logged in users to edit content in real time by simply clicking on an element and modifying its attributes. Whether it is a heading, text, a video, or a call to action - users with no coding experience and little internet knowledge are able to edit the content themselves without having to request changes to be made.
- Business Directory – The business directory on the “Get Connected” page allows users to search Valley REN members by name, industry or keyword.
- Data Table – The custom designed data table on the “Knowledge Suite” page showcases local economic information and can be updated by CSV import or manually.
- Communities Page – The “Communities” page features a dynamic portfolio style grid that showcases each community in the Valley REN’s jurisdiction. Users are able to hover over a community’s hero image and then can either download an informational PDF about the community or visit the community’s website.
- News and Blog Page – This portion of the website was designed to showcase the latest news and events from the Valley REN. To add a new event, logged in users just need to fill in a few text fields with the event information and then the event listing with a Google map for directions will be auto-generated. The events section on the website allows users to add Valley REN events to their personal calendars – such as their Google calendar.
- Language – This website allows for translation in over 100 languages with the click of a button.
- File Management – The back-end of the Valley REN website allows the admin to create user logins for board members and government officials – who can then view important documents and private sector reports. The file management system is permission based, ensuring that only specific members have access to certain files.